Dec 30, 2008

Sew Much Fun

After 10 years of sewing projects on my ever so lovely discolored beige Singer sewing machine I was elated to recieve a Singer Confidence 7467 (which by the way is recommended by none other then Martha Stewart)for Christmas!!! I was very grateful for my first Singer that was passed on to me from a friend's Grandma and that vintage model has served me well or at least that's what I thought until I whipped out my new machine and started on a project. I can't believe I put up with such sloppy stitches for so long!!! And now I have so many other stitching options to choose from on top of the new ease of bobbin and needle threading. I have so many projects lined up that I wasn't sure where to start. Since I was in need of an additional gift for a cousin of mine and the weather outside was frightful I decided to head in that direction. After digging through my piles of spare fabric pieces I somehow ended up with this cute little satchel. I wanted to keep it pretty simple with vintage burlap and the embelishment of her intial in a fun floral print. I added some simple vintage buttons at the handles ends and tried out the hand crossstitch stictch on my machine. Of course there's things I would change if I were to make it again...like adding a pocket to the back...but overall I think it's pretty cute. Here's hoping she thinks so as well!

No comments: