Apr 28, 2010

Inspired by Hoarding

Ya ever watch the show Hoarders...Buried Alive? I recently have caught a few episodes and while half the time it can leave me feeling a bit depressed the rest of the time I have the urge to run around throwing things away.
A couple weeks ago (after watching one of the above mentioned episodes) I came to terms with the fact that I really have too much stuff packed into the much smaller space I moved into last year. It's not that I'm really attached to this stuff (I know you're thinking I'm in denial) but I just have been so overwhelmed to go through it all and make decisions about what to keep and what to get rid of. So this past weekend I decided to buckle down and just do it... one corner down...


Three more corners and two more rooms to go...I still have sooooo much stuff!!! I hear "Garage Sale" in my near future.

3 comments:

Destiny said...

admitting that you have a problem is the first step haha J/K ofcourse. The corner looks lovely...and yes, that show has the same effect on me!

Leslie @ Farm Fresh Fun said...

Just found your lovely blog and am having fun looking around. This post is sooo me right now - except I live too far out for a good yard sale... sigh Oh well - maybe I'll "recycle" at the Thrift store - problem is I always bring home as much as I drop off! ;-) Your place is beautiful. Thanks for sharing,
Leslie

Little ol' Me said...

I'm in collection mode at the moment. I recently moved into a bungalow built in 1921, so I'm trying to find fun vintage goodies to fill up all my empty spaces.

Love your blog and I'll be back for sure!