Jan 3, 2011

New Years Motivation

There's so much happening around the farmhouse these days that I totally forgot to wish you all a Happy New Year! Ok so it was a little late but I do mean it...may 2011 be filled with blessings from above!

I don't know about you but I've given up on thinking I can accomplish all the things on my "want to accomplish" list every year. I tend to pile everything on it then hope I can at least knock off one or two of the items by the time the year is over.

Of course I have all the typical to do's like...
a. get oragnized...
b. shed the uncessary weight gain from previous year(s)...
c. simplify/purge...
d. complete more projects...
e. purchae fewer projects...
f. (re)start a savings and don't blow it on a new "find"...

Well you get the idea...sound anything like your list?

All these things are great and quite needed but this year I've decided to put one item on my list to really stretch myself. A character trait. One that is more about others and less about me.

My goal?

Generosity

While I love the opportunity of working for myself I found it came with an inward focused perspective that I'm not all together fond of. So 2011 is all about reversing that...Lord willing. I want to be less selfish with my time, my money, my things...actually I want to think of it as not mine at all but just something I am a steward of to share when needed. I will try to let you in on how my little "project" goes as the year goes on.

So how about you? What is on your list this year? I encourage you to take a moment to dig a little deeper and work on more then just the physical things this year. I'm excited about a change that begins from the inside out. Join me?

No comments: