Mar 23, 2009

Make Up Your Own Holiday Day

Did you know that March 26th is National "Make Up Your Own Holiday" Day? Now I highly doubt that your employer has this on your official paid holidays list but I'm up for an excuse to bake cupcakes or even a triple layer chocolate cake like the Farm Chicks made here. Maybe I'll take the day off from typical responsibilities and spend a little time creating some of my Easter themed decor ideas that have been floating around in my head. Then maybe I'll have my parents over for a nice homemade dinner just because I love them and generously share my cake with them so I don't eat it all myself.

So what would you do on your "Make Up Your Own Holiday" day? How about a special dinner for the family, an anonymous gift at a friends door, pay for a strangers coffee, or just a simple do something you've put off doing day? Now don't just think about it, do it...it's a national holiday you know!



Don't believe me? Visit The Hallmark Channel for more holidays I was completely unaware of. Click on the "View Holiday Calendar" to play with their cute interactive day planner full of all kinds of regular and wacky holidays!

2 comments:

Amy'svintagecottage said...

Hi Katy! It was so great to meet you today! What a small world!Come see me at the store I'm usually always there on tues and thursdays.
xoxo
Amy:)

French Cupboard said...

Quick note... Tomorrow is the monthly drawing for the followers of the French Cupboard blog! The French Cupboard is moving to Typepad soon (don’t worry, we’ll auto-redirect everything so you don’t have to search the blog haystack for us). As a follower of our blog though, you qualify for our monthly drawings and because our feed url is changing, we want to give you the opportunity to continue following the Cupboard at typepad. Just use this link to continue to follow: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/TheFrenchCupboard

Blessings... Polly